Just taking a quick note of the software that I am running on my machines (making sure that my laptop and desktop are synchronized correctly).
I thought I would share the list of software that I install on a new osx image. This is not an exhastive list of all of the developer utilities that I have previously posted about, this is really a list of the purchased (and some free) software that I install on a new OSX install.
This list is also the list of tools that I currently do not have an automation script for the install process. All of the other tools that I use are installed through automation scripts. In the next couple of weeks these packages will be making their way into those scripts also. This will allow me to quickly setup a brand new OSX image by just triggering one bash script(zsh is my preferred shell, but the initial script has to set that up also).
- PDFPen – PDF Editing Software (great for digitally filling out documents)
- Growl – Notifications
- Kaleidoscope – Great diff tool for OSX
- Quicksilver – Keyboard junkie heaven!!
- Screenflow – Screen recording software
- Divvy – Crazy simple window management tool
- MercuryMover – Micro window level management tool
- ViKing – Vi shortcuts for OSX
- TinkerTool – Tweak your OS
- OpenOffice – Great office productivity suite – compatible with all MS Office doc types
- VMWare Fusion – Great Virtualization software – I use it to run windows, and linux
- DownThemAll – Download manager
- Firebug – Web Developer Debugging Tool
- LastPass – Password manager
- Vimperator – Vim for firefox
- Xmarks – Cross browser/machine bookmark syncing (plays really well with vimperator :bmarks & :bma commands)
- Web Developer – Great web development plugin