This past Sunday (November 9th), my wife and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. We went for our first couples massage, spent 40 freezing minutes at the Orlando ice bar, and then had an great meal at an amazing restaurant named Texas de Brazil.
As we sat back to reflect on our last 12 years together and where we want to go together in the future I thought I would share some tips that can possibly help people who are walking down this awesome road:
- If you put God at the center of your marriage you will form a cord of 3 strands that will stand through the tests (and they will come!!)
- Show each other that you love one another, every day!!
- Pray together
- Dream big together
- Plan together
- Stop and think before you blurt out something you will regret in 10 seconds
- Be open and honest about your feelings, fears, and aspirations
- If you have kids, let them see how much you adore each other. Showing your kids that you are affectionate to your spouse will give them a healthy outlook on what marriage is about.
- Don’t be afraid to get upset at each other, but make sure you don’t let the sun go down on your anger
I am sure I could go on and on. Marriage is a blessing and one of the most amazing gifts that we can experience on this Earth.
What are some tips that you can share that help your marriage flow?
Love with Passion!!!