In September, I will be in Dusseldorf giving another iteration of my Nothin But .Net bootcamp. I am already anticipating that there will be a fairly good turnout of people. Registration can be done here.
One of the great thing about this class is the high level of interaction that occurs between the students that participate. I encourage (ok, mandate) that most of the exercises in class be done in teams of 2 at a minimum. During the course of the week people are encouraged to mix it up so that they can get the opportunity to learn from other people in the class also.
For more information about the course check out the following resources:
If you plan on attending the course you can expect the following:
- 5 Intense days of 12 hour coding sessions (minimum day length is 12hours)
- Lunch and Dinner (usually at really good restaurants, time permitting)
- $70 Amazon gift credit
- VisualSVN,ReSharper, or another $70 Amazon gift credit.
- Lots of practical exposure to many developer practices:
- Build Automation
- Behavior Driven Development
- Interaction Based/State Based Testing
- Fearless coding using BDD
- Top Down Development (quickest way to get user sign-off)
- Design Patterns
- Iterative, incremental development
- Aggressive refactoring
- OO Fundamentals
- Screencasts of the entire week, so that you can replay it back (potentially at a much slower pace!!)
- As well as the technical side of the course, you can expect to hear me ramble about any of the following!!
- Tips and tricks on time management, cutting out the noise, re-establishing your focus
- Tips and tricks for lifestyle design, and leveraging your career to truly start living
- Where did the fun go in what we are doing?
- Becoming a keyboard freak!!
If you are thinking about registering, don’t hesitate, sign up now for what may be a potentially “career and life altering experience” (paraphrased from many students who have taken the course).
Develop With Passion!!