It is the season of graduation and everywhere I look I can see starry eyed teenagers gazing at the big, uncertain, exciting path that is ahead of them. Their dreams are whirling full tilt through their heads and they have a blank slate with which to carve out the rest of their lives.
I love this time of year. It reminds me of why I continue to do what I do.
Each day we wake up in the morning with a choice as to how we are going to live out our day. I choose to thank God for the opportunity of the new day and focus my energies on building up my family and fostering the passions of other developers that I work with.
In the spirit of fostering the passion of other developers developwithpassion.com is issuing a contest. The contest will have 3 winners.
The first prize will be……..:
1 Free Admission into the October Las Vegas edition of my Nothin But .Net developer bootcamp, where you will receive the following:
- Understanding of core fundamental software principles and patterns
- Understanding of Behavior driven development
- Practice utilizing advanced techniques for building .Net applications
- ReSharper 4.0 License
- $70 Amazon credit
- Breakfast, lunch , and supper for the week in one of many amazing Las Vegas restaurants.
- Renewed passion towards your craft!!
- The first prize winner will also receive a copy of Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite and MSDN Premium one year subscription.
The second prize is nothing to scoff at either, as the recipient of the second prize will receive the following set of books and developer tools:
The third prize is: A $140 Amazon Gift Card
So there are the prizes!!
How do you go about getting your hands on one of these awesome giveaways? The premise of the contest is very simple. I want you to submit a story that shares your experience of how you are having an impact on the personal and professional lives of the people you work with. I want to hear how you are using the gifts you have been given to inspire and build up other people that you work/collaborate with. I want to hear about how you are able to energize and motivate the people that you work with to make them want to strive to be both better people and developers in general!!
The rules for the contest are fairly simple:
- This one goes without saying, the stories have to be true. If you need to change the names of people because they prefer/have to remain anonymous, that is no problem!!
- The story has to be something you are willing for everyone to read as the top 5 entries will be posted on this blog for further voting (more on this in a minute).
- All stories need to be submitted in English.
- The stories need to be at least 2 large paragraphs long.
- Maximum of one entry per person.
- All entries have to be submitted by the 24th of June 2008.
- Must be working full time as a software professional (not a student).
Submit your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org, only stories submitted to this email address will be considered.
How the winners will be chosen
Myself and a team of people will be reading through the responses and picking the top 5 stories that we can come to a consensus on. Upon selecting the top 5 stories, all 5 of the stories will be posted in a blog post that will allow the general public to vote on the story that is their favorite. The 5 stories will be filtered down to the top 3 that will decide who gets what prizes!!
The timeline for the contest is as follows:
- Submission deadline : June 24th
- Blog post of top 5 entries & voting by general public: July 2nd – July 9th
- Winners Announced: July 10th (exactly one month from today)
If you are someone who feels they have a story to share, or you know of others who have stories that others would benefit from hearing, please direct them to this contest!!
Develop With Passion!!