Bil Simser was the first to tag me in this game so here is a list of 5 things that lots of people don’t know about me.
- I was born in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, England. I lived in England until I was 14 years old. At the age of 14 my parents moved us to Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada.
- I have been married to my high school sweetheart for just over 10 years. My wife and I met on one of the first days of high school. We had grade 9 english together and got to know each other a little during this time. At the beginning of grade 10 we hung out for a little while (I was very shy), we went out on a “date” where I ended the evening by telling her how I would love to date someone just like her (not one of my smartest moves!!). We were best friends for most of grade 11, and started dating at the end of grade 11. 4 months after graduation we were married.
- My wife and I have 4 beautiful children ranging from 9 years old to 1 year old. This is always something that baffles people as most people who meet us are always stumped at how large our family is. This is mostly due to the fact that we look much younger than we are!! My favourite lines in reference to our perceived age is:
- “It’s so nice that you are spending the day looking after you brothers and sister!!”.
- (Solicitor coming to the door) “Are your parents home?”
- I wrote my first computer game at 8 years old on a BBC Microcomputer. This was the first computer that I ever received. It came with a book on BBC Basic. I proceeded to teach myself enough to write a Pong game. After that brief (fun) experience with programming it was not until the age of 18 that I would start programming on a computer again.
- I’m 28 years old. Now you know!!