I have been pretty quiet on the blogging front as of late and I am glad that I can finally announce the reason!
I have just finished finalizing (updated) material, and a location, for a course that I will be delivering in February 2007. The course will be a one week, intense bootcamp for .Net developers. The following overview outlines (at a very high level) what will be covered.
OverviewNothin’ But .Net is a five day boot camp that will focus on pragmatically applying .Net within the context of developing a working N-Tiered application. Registrants will learn about advanced features of .Net (2.0/3.0) as they are applied to the task of building a complete application from the UI layer all the way down to the mapping layer.
If you are expecting to come to this course to learn about how to have VS.Net automatically generate an “application” for you, then this course is NOT for you.
This course is all about taking control of the .Net framework and having it work the way you want. This course will place a heavy emphasis on getting back to the basics and making .Net do things the way you want it to, in a predictable and testable way.
This course will focus on a code centric view of application development vs. the typical databinding/designer magic covered by many typical .Net courses. You will walk away with a deep understanding of fundamental aspects of .Net and how these pieces can be used to develop and deliver enterprise scale applications.
Core Concepts Overview
- Expanding the capabilities of developing with VS.Net – Enter ReSharper (a productivity add-in for Visual Studio .Net)
- There’s more to life than generated code
- Automation for the developer
- Generics ( they’re not just for collections )
- Back to basics – Rules Of Good Object Oriented Design
- Dependency Injection
- Object Relational Mapping in .Net
- Applying the dependency inversion principle
- Domain Driven Design
- Passive View/Supervising Controller (Model View Presenter)
- Creating layered architectures
- Driving out functionality and design through testing
- Taking Control Of Databinding
- Behavior (Test) Driven Development
- Core design patterns applied
- Pragmatic Productivity Tools For Developers
There are only spots for 12 people to register. The course costs $2500/CAD for a full 5 days. The fee covers:
- 5 (8 – 12 hour days, depending on the audience availability) of bootcamp style instruction
- Book – Patterns Of Application Architecture
- ReSharper 2.0 License
- Breakfast, lunch(and Supper if people opt for the 12 hour day)